How to do Smith machine Yates row
We can call it the machine version of the barbell row. The movement works all the back muscles.
- Main Muscle: There is no main muscle group in this movement. It works the entire back area.
Things to pay attention
- We should grasp the bar at shoulder width with our fingers crossed under the bar.
- Bend at a 45-degree angle where you feel most comfortable.
- When you pull the bar upwards, you can hold it for 1.5 - 2 seconds.
- As with any movement, we must exhale while pulling the bar. Negative, that is, when we release downward, we need to breathe.
- After pulling the bar up, tighten the muscles in your scapula area.
- Focus on pulling the movement with the elbows, not the forearm.